The children of the 1980s know a thing or two about extravagant consumerism. Young enough to have absorbed a tide of youth marketing messages and not old enough to have directly suffered previous economic recessions, they learned how to spend on fashion and lifestyle wants. Enjoying an adulthood of easy credit and low unemployment, they are themselves largely unprepared for the current financial downturn.
As the recession bites, Generation X must begin to instil financial smarts in their own children, dubbed ‘Generation Z’, or simply ‘Zeds’. Recent studies have shown that this new group are substantially different than previous generations – living largely virtual lives through social networking and personal entertainment solutions which remain glued to their sides, such as iPODs and mobile telephones.
These ‘digital kids’ are highly receptive to marketing messages and lack the general antipathy and derision toward overtly persuasive communications demonstrated by Gen Y. As such, they are vulnerable to poor financial management – ‘plugged in’ 24/7 and warmly accepting of marketing approaches, these young consumers are sitting ducks for exploitation.
Recent studies into this group, such as that published by social demographer, Mark McCrindle, have been accompanied by efforts throughout the community to address this emerging issue and protect young consumers. Financial institutions throughout Australia have taken up the baton to promote financial literacy in line with Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives (CSR) and independent organisations have begun to take more targeted steps toward education in financial management.
US financial expert Loral Langemeier, identifies a lack of positive information on financial matters as applicable to young consumers and has collaborated with Australian organisation, Money Toolkits, to develop a ‘how to’ text for parents to use as a blueprint in developing financial literacy in children.
“This generation is exposed to more marketing messages, much earlier than previous generations,” claims Nicole Clemow of Money Toolkits. “It is so important to reach them with positive messages that show not only can you manage money responsibly but you can build capital and personal wealth and create a comfortable lifestyle for yourself.”
In the book, Loral Langemeier – a respected financial expert worldwide, has outlined the lack of capacity for teachers to handle this material in schools:
“Very few are likely to be able to model and teach how to become an entrepreneur and/or how to make money work for you through investing in assets that generate income. Most of them never learnt it themselves and don’t have it on their radar as being important. They are more likely to teach what they model themselves -study hard, go to college (university) and get a secure, well paid job.”
Build a list of prospects and people who appreciate and trust you – this list of members of your tribe, with names and e-mail addresses, will represent the most valuable asset of your business. You will be able to promote proprietary products and services, as well as affiliate links to products owned by others that align with your message and mission. It is critical that you continuously nurture your list with valuable content, making the difference in their lives without charging them. They will appreciate you and will be prepared to reciprocate by purchasing products and services you recommend.
7. Reach for the greatest impact – social entrepreneurs are on a mission to transform the world, delivering a message through their products and services. We are being called to leverage the power of technology to reach the greatest possible number of people with our solutions to their problems. This is why as socially responsible business owners, we have no choice but to embrace technological advances, appreciating what is now possible because of social media tools such as Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook, and new platforms such as Skype, iPhones, mobile phone applications, teleconferencing, and online webinars.
8. Know and care for your customers – most entrepreneurs do not fully understand the problems and needs of their clients and prospects. A conscious e-marketer will invite prospects and clients to participate in surveys that will reveal exactly what they need and want. Your list can then be segmented wisely, and products and services can be tailored to the needs and wants of that specific segment of your list. We recommend www.mysurveyexpert.com as a great resource for your surveys.
9. Attraction Marketing – when you are clear about your message and become an authority who people respect, you will attract those who are seeking your message. You will become a magnetic force and ideal clients will find and appreciate you.
10. Become an authority in whatever your passion, vision, and mission may be. Commit to learning about yourself and about your products and services. Take courses, read books, review websites, attend live meetings, join communities, forums, and groups of like-minded persons. In conclusion, you are your greatest asset, and thus you need to grow and learn every day. The more you know about yourself and your business, the more profitable your business will become and the greater the social impact you will make in the world.
As giveaways at job fairs: with the economy the way it is, businesses need as much exposure as they could acquire, as well as exactly what better place than through a job fair. Even if you’re not planning on employing a lots of individuals, personalized Koozies still make a good promotional giveaway product that attendees may take along with them. This is particularly beneficial if you’re a service kind of company, and may keep your name right in front of their minds for some time to come.
2. Charity happenings: whenever charities are trying to boost money, the first to be approached are local businesses in your community exactly where they will be holding their fundraising affair. By including personalized Koozies with your logo along with name on them, you not just practice good local community assistance through assisting the charity with their fund raising, you get nice publicity and also advertising for your business at the same time. Designing them to replicate the charitys concept as well as colors makes them a collectible, too.
3. As sales giveaways: in case your business endures sales, then providing personalized Koozies in your sales agents for use as part of their own personal promotional deals is a great idea. Whenever they contact a new customer, they are able to leave one or more with them as being a gift for being attentive to the presentation. At product sales seminars for your enterprise niche, they generate great gifts for your prime sales staff, customized with their accomplishments, or as a free gift throughout the meeting.
4. When sponsoring local sports clubs: lots of companies today will support local sports teams as part of their promotion efforts. Precisely why stop at just supplying jerseys for any Little League team, when you could give personalized Koozies also? You may have them imprinted up with the team name, their logo, and also the season or perhaps year. They will show how much you care about the kids, and provide them, and their guardians, something to remember your sponsorship as well as your small business.
5. At welcome centres or even chambers of commerce: When individuals move into a new community, they generally check with local workplaces for names of organizations they may have need of in the foreseeable future. Chambers of commerce would gladly supply space for giveaways to new people, as well as handy stuff like personalized Koozies will always be delightful. The Welcome Wagon will always be searching for new gift items to incorporate in their welcome deals, also. Exactly why not provide them with a few cases of Koozies along with your logo, name as well as contact information to encouraged newbies with?
There are many ways for your to earn money online. Earning a decent living online is no longer a dream. Some even leverage on social media to earn decent income online. Do you want to know how to make money with Facebook page (also known as Fanpage)?
Read on and I will reveal to you the simple step-by-step process for you on how to make money with Facebook page.
First, create your Fanpage
Creating a Fanpage is the first thing you need to do. If you don’t know how to create a Fanpage, just google for the solution or alternatively you could outsource this and let someone else to create a Fanpage for you. But it is not right to just simply create any Fanpage. To make money with Facebook page, you need to make sure that the Fanpage which you are creating will make you money.
Now, the tricky question is how to ensure that the Fanpage you are creating will make you money?
The answer is very simple. Fanpages that will make you money are those with a “passionate” (or “motivated”) group of fans. When people are “passionate”, they will be more proactive in sharing and spending time on the Fanpage.
Examples of a “passionate” group of people are the niches of tattoo, weight loss, games, niche music, etc.
Second, get a CPA offer
Now, the key to the question on how to make money with Facebook really depends on how well you monetize your Fanpage.
The easiest way to do this is by finding a right click-per-action (CPA) offer and a group of fans who are willing to complete the CPA offer for you.
You can find plenty of CPA offers on clickbank.com. Choose one with a powerful landing page and provide you with useful and sufficient promotional tools.
Insert the CPA offers link on your Fanpage. When your fans click on the offer and if they are a real “passionate” group, chances are high that they’ll complete the CPA offer that you have.
Third, get traffic to your Fanpage
To make money with Facebook page, you need to have “fans” for your Fanpage. There are many ways to promote a Fanpage. You can talk about it in forums, twit about in using tweeter, or promote it among your friends on Facebook.
Or you can try the traditional marketing method known as article marketing. The ultimate answer to the question of “how to make money with Facebook” lies in having traffic and a group of “passionate” fans. Article marketing would be able to get you the right fans who are genuinely interested in what you have to offer on your Fanpage and CPA offers.
There you go, the 3 simple steps on how to make money with Facebook page. You might realize by now that it is not difficult for you to make money with Facebook page. Why not give it a try now?
So you just got a new Mac huh? And now you’re trying to figure out how to make the transition from life as a Windows user to a new operating system. Finding the right personal finance software can be a challenge. If you were using Quicken on your old Windows computer, you’ve probably heard that there is a version of Quicken just for the Macintosh computer. Unfortunately, many of the features found in Windows Quicken. Also, using an emulator (letting you run Windows applications on a Mac) can get complicated and is prone to its own set of problems. So now what to do?
I suggest looking into Liquid Ledger. This personal finance software solution comes with a robust set of features which can help you track your money down to the last cent. The goal of any good money application is to let you see what you’re spending and what you’re bringing in. Once you determine this, you can make wiser choices about how to budget your money. Here are some features that Liquid Ledger offers:
* The program saves you time and energy by allowing you to automatically schedule regularly occurring payments. The software will alert you when the payment is due, keeping you from having to remember all those bills. You also have the peace of mind that forgetting a payment is a thing of the past.
* Create a budget, then compare how much you planned to spend against how much you actually spent. This lets you see your situation all during the month and find out why the money always seems to disappear.
* Liquid Ledger lets you create powerful reports that let you determine your net worth.
* If you’re a programmer (or even if you’re not), you can use AppleScript to automatically perform repetitive tasks within the program, saving you even more time!
* Travel a lot? Need an application that lets you go back and forth between different currencies? No problem! Liquid Ledger seamlessly transfers funds from one account to another in any number of currencies.
* Liquid Ledger uses bank jargon you’re already familiar with as a customer. This means you won’t be left scratching your head wondering what this or that means.
* You can print your own checks…how cool is that! As long as you have either a laser-jet printer or inkjet printer, you can use the drag-and-drop GUI to create custom templates.
* No need to enter data over again from your old OS-you can import (and export) account information in QIF, CSV, and OFX formats.
Using Liquid Ledger, you can track transactions, keep up with investments, and balance your checkbook, all inside a straightforward user interface that’s a snap to learn. So if you’re making the switch from Windows to Mac, you owe it to yourself to take a look at Liquid Ledger for your personal finance software needs.
Many people every year attempt to achieve success with an online business. They grab a domain name, throw a hastily made website online, and then become frustrated when they don’t achieve success quickly enough. They blame it on falling for a scam, or that online businesses don’t really work. The truth is, most times it is because the person never worked on growing as an entrepreneur; they never worked on developing an entrepreneur mindset.
When you are working for someone else it is easy to think of your workday falling into a certain set of work hours. You go in, put in your time, and when the workday is done you put your job behind you until the next day. When you have an entrepreneur mindset you are constantly working on your business. Even when you are relaxing at the end of the day a part of your mind is a work on building your business.
One way you can capitalize on that kind of attitude is to develop the habit of goal setting. When you have specific goals and objectives that are clearly defined your subconscious mind can go to work making those goals a reality. When you approach your business without goals your subconscious mind is unfocused. It jumps from one problem to the next with no end result that it is working toward.
Another important part of that mindset is to understand that in order to succeed you must be willing to put in the time and do whatever it takes to be successful. While it would be nice if the claims of earning a 6-figure income while working part-time were true, the reality is much different. It is possible to build a good income, and eventually reduce the number of hours that you work, most successful entrepreneurs put in some long hours when they are first getting their business up and running.
You should also be willing to spend time each and every day growing as an entrepreneur. This means going beyond merely learning the daily tasks you need to accomplish. It means working on building your knowledge so that you understand not just what needs to be done, but also why you need to do every task that you do. The more you understand how everything works the better able you will be to innovate and move your business to a higher level. In an environment that is constantly changing, it is the people who understand the business that are able to quickly adapt to those changes.
Having an entrepreneur mindset helps give you the drive and the focus to not only succeed, but to build a business that remains successful into the future. Without that mindset you might achieve short-term success, but is your attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes that will ensure your success going forward. Growing As An Entrepreneur
The society being a patriarchal or male dominating one, the women involvement in most of the matters especially finances is never considered to be significant enough. Instances are there when a couple approaches a financial advisor, the male partner seems to be enjoying all the attention and leading the discussion rather the female partner.
This precisely the reason a woman rarely is heard of trusting an advisor when it comes to planning the finances. The Attitude of an adviser
Most of the financial advisers do not even consider taking the opinion of a woman in the family even if he is approached by both the couples. According to him, she is still the same women who had little knowledge about the finance related issues.
The advisers still live in the old age era when women had no decision making power on financial issues.
They rarely encourage a woman client to express her opinion. They never seek for their availability to explain the financial planning of the entire family. When they present a plan to the client they don’t feel the necessity of including the woman of the family. Advisers find explaining two people about the same plan as wastage of time, giving preference to the male partner.
Even when they meet both the couples, the preference is always given to the opinion of the husband than the wife. As because she is silent on many occasions, it is taken for granted that she does not have much understanding of the issue.
The changing scenario
With more and more number of women obtaining higher degrees and getting involved with a professional life, they have an equal hold on the issues related to finances. She know well how much she earns, or the family earns, what are the expenditures and how much saving is needed for the future requirements. There are many who work in the Finance Departments and handle the affairs brilliantly. Today’s women whether she has a major in Mathematics or economics or not, has a fair knowledge of financial development happening in and around. She is completely aware of various Insurance Plans, the benefits, the premiums and the taxes which she or her family is supposed to pay.
Rosy Brown is Social Media Expert and a Technical Writer. She believes in sharing his experience and intellects through live discussion or/and write ups. In this article she has discussed about advisers, women, client, financial, planning.
Car Finance and Broking
The abundance of available options today in the car finance market really makes it difficult for anyone to put their trust and money within reach of one. In the post-recession period, the market specially the investment and finance market remains to be struggling to cope up with the massive losses they incurred when the meltdown happened. After that, financing institutions and firms happen to have been a stricter with policies and regulations and that is what makes it even more difficult for individuals getting a car.
In the part of youngsters wanting to buy a car using their own money , they seem to be more helpless with the situation simply because that they lack any credit score to back them up. This is due to financial companies fear that they will not make it to pay the loans they grab as time passes. As you see, even those people who are already working or persons who have retired find it difficult to obtain a car finance if they will not hold a trusted credit sheet.
Come to think about the scenario if car finance brokers are not in the way. They are the who make everything in the car finance market simple for you in exchange for a commission as soon as the work has been done. This is any day far better than dealing with mounds of documentation with Greek terminologies in them and jargon which simply tangent off your head! Furthermore, car finance brokers ensures that you’ll never fall into the wrong company who unexpectedly changes rates after closing the deal with them.
Best things about Hiring A Car Finance Broker
– Helps save effort and time from attending long meetings and discussions with some other financial companies.
– No seeing the bank for help often.
– Let you rest assured that the option you select among the other options he present you with are of complete transparency.
– Any part of the documentation you’re uneasy with or do not understand will simply be made understandable to you.
– Helps you worry not get an ideal car finance even when you have no or bad credit score.
– Unlike from approaching car finance alone, you’ll never be rest assured that you will get the best among the best deals offered.
– The question of whether you will get a broker for your car finance or not all depends on you and also your money.
The world wide web is a good place in which you can start searching for a good car finance broker. Remember, the world wide web is today’s new marketplace. After you have a good car finance broker, just be sure you arrange a meeting with the representative and proceed with all your plans of buying the dream car that you always desired to!
There is a myth making the rounds in the Forex universe. This rumor thats whispered and spread from keyboard to keyboard over cyberspace states that in order to take part in Forex trading, you must have a broker. A rumor is all this is because theres no truth in the must part of the rumor . If want to find out how to trade on your own and to avoid the pressure of dealing with a broker, than this might be the most important article you read this year. .
Even if you dont have the first clue about how Forex trading is done, and youve never done it, you still dont have to have a broker if you dont want one . Can you gain from having a Forex broker in your corner? Yes and no. It depends on whether or not your Forex broker is smart about trading and whether or not hes going to be smart about trading for you . Some Forex brokers look at those who want to partake of trading currencies as another zero on their own paycheck and they will actually work against you in a practice known as sniping .
Sniping is a process a dishonest broker will use to cheat you out of your profits. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to protect yourself from a broker hell bent on snipping your profits. Not all Forex brokers are bad. There are brokers out there that are in the business to help those interested in trading Forex. . These are professionals in the trading world who value both their customers and their own reputations.
They would no more think of cheating you than they would themselves. Most Forex brokers are legitimate in the trading world but its the actions of a few bad apples that tend to spoil the bushel. You can learn about Forex trading and you can trade without going through a broker if youre afraid you might encounter one who isnt what he claims to be. But on the other hand, an honest broker brings to the table his expertise with the Forex.
While Forex trading with a broker has the advantage of using his expertise to aid you in making trades, sometimes this leads to a tendency on the part of the trader to ignore getting a Forex knowledge on his own. If youre not knowledgeable about Forex trading, then you wont know if the moves your broker are making are for your good or his.
If you are like most businesses, the answer lies somewhere between ambivalence and total disdain.
All small business owners know the importance of low cost overhead. Working smart with your money has never been more important than it is in today’s economy. A very efficient way for small businesses to save huge dollars is by subscribing to a small voip phone system, also referred to as voice over internet protocol services. It is a method for making telephone calls by using the Internet. The technology became available around 1990 but with the recent advancements it has become a strong replacement for the traditional land line service.
One of the reasons that Internet VoIP is so popular is because it is very inexpensive as well as dependable. All of the equipment such as bluetooth voip headset, voip phone adapter, and headaches are hosted by the provider so all the business needs to worry about is the Internet connection and a telephone. In some cases you’ll be able to use the same telephones that you used for your land-line while others a special Voip broadband phone will be the best solution. The call quality is so good that rarely would anyone know that you were not using a land line. The provider keeps all the updates and relative maintenance up to date so having equipment or a service that becomes obsolete is not a concern.
The cost of Internet VoIP is so inexpensive because the calls are able to transmit over the Internet in place of a local telephone company’s system. By bypassing the local telephone company there is no fees that have to be paid to them. The process of dialing out and receiving calls is the same. You will need a high speed Internet connection and small voip phone system that is on at all times with a bandwidth large enough for the transmissions to always be clear.
To get started with Internet VoIP you’ll need to choose a voice over internet protocol providers and subscribe to the voip phone plans that best fits your business needs. With all the Internet VoIP options and providers now in the market place, it can be confusing for businesses to know what they need and the best provider for them.
AVAD Technologies, specialists is small business Hosted VoIP, has launched aggressive new pricing on its Hosted VoIP Phone Service. If you are thinking about switching your business to VoIP or just have some questions, please feel free to call (800) 733-4136
Click for Business voip telephone and Hosted pbx providers